The Power of Mindset: The Student Edition
Duration: One hour in length held over zoom. If you are not able to attend, the recording will be made available to you after the live session.
Date: Monday March 11, 7:30PM – 8:30PM
Zoom link: To follow
“Whether you think you can, or think you can’t – you’re right” – Henry Ford
This is a belief that many people live by, and it all comes down to your mindset. If you believe you can do something or achieve a goal, often you will be successful. The opposite is also true. If you tell yourself, you can’t do something it can be a self-fulfilling prophecy.
Believing in yourself, and having confidence in your capability to do something, can often be the tipping point between success and failure. When it comes to exams, having a positive mindset before you sit the exam will help you feel at ease and more able to approach the exam effectively.
The webinar covers the following topics:
• Understanding Mindset – The growth & fixed mindset
• Appreciate neuroplasticity – The brain bit!
• How to develop a growth mindset
• Discover common thinking traps or automatic negative thoughts.
• Consider how to change thinking traps into positive prompts.
• Understand the connection between the growth mindset and goal setting.
• The growth mindset plan!
Edel is a student and exam coach. She also specialises in mental health and well-being coaching. Her corporate career started in KPMG where qualified as a Chartered Accountant and Chartered Tax Adviser. From there, Edel moved into Academia where she held senior lecturer and examinership roles within the professional accountancy bodies.
She lectured the advanced papers of Taxation and Finance for the ACCA, CPA and ACA. She lectured at an Undergraduate, Post-Graduate and Masters level. She also held examiner positions with Chartered Accountants Ireland.
In 2017 Edel moved into Talent Development, which took her to work at EY where she held a Senior Talent Development Leadership position. She was involved in designing and delivering leadership development programs. She set up an internal coaching program which supported trainee accountants through their professional exams.
In 2022, Edel set up her own business, “Edel Walsh Coaching and Consultancy”. Edel is an accredited coach with the EMCC (European Mentoring and Coaching Council).
Edel is passionate about connecting and collaborating with her clients in a deep and meaningful way that stimulates and encourages them to learn and live their best lives both personally and professionally. Edel supports her clients to develop self-awareness, set and achieve goals, gain confidence, and unlock their potential.
Qualifications & Accreditations
- Certificate in Parent Coaching (ILI)
- Certified Neuro Linguistic Programming Practitioner
- Diploma in Corporate Well-being Coaching
- Diploma in Mental Health and Well-being Coaching
- Diploma in Personal Leadership and Executive Coaching
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Higher Education
- Certificate in Education and Training
- Chartered Tax Advisor (CTA)
- Chartered Accountant (ACA)
- Sc. Finance
Phone: +353 87 753 5002
For More Information: